Monday, June 13, 2005

She had no idea

This was originally going to be a comment to Kristy-Anne's recent blog, but it was getting far too long. On Saturday morning I left my house, my 2 brothers still asleep and my cat roaming around. I was a beautiful sunny day. I was driving downtown towards the other side of town to head to mom and dads, I was going to borrow their long garden hose to fill up my pool, and as I drove along side the tracks, I saw a train sitting still which was very peculiar, as I drove closer to the crossing, I saw an ambulance and a fire truck. And as I drove further down the street, parallel to the tracks I saw a car, it was partially covered with a tarp. It was the car of someone I knew. She was a sweet old lady and I am not exactly sure what happened with regards to the details of the accident, but that day, she died. When I was a mechanic I had changed the oil on her car several times. I remember driving her home, to drop her off while I took the car back to the shop to change her oil. She would tell me how much she loved her grand children. She was quite excited that she had a grandson named Tyler, the same as me! She lived a ways out of town, so she would tell me all the stories she could about her grand children. I loved to listen to her, she was so sweet, and I love children very much so I really did enjoy her stories and got involved in the conversation. Her name was Gladys. She loved to go yard saleing on Saturdays, and I assume she was on her way to one that day. But she had no idea that her time here on earth was up. And reading Kristy-Anne's blog got me thinking, and I don't know when my time is up. None of us do. And I imagine most people involved in tragic accidents hardly get a chance to say Oops just before they die. Its so heartbreaking, no good byes, no closure. It was her time to go, and just like that she was taken. I pray for her family who will miss her so much. I pray the peace of God will bring comfort. And I take this opportunity to remember how precious life is and I reflect upon all the things I have and all the things God has done for me. And remember, its ok for things like this to affect us, even if we didn’t know the person well. It is one way we remember to value life and reflect upon our own lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

the full grasp of death evades me

1:25 PM  
Blogger Krig the Viking said...

The full grasp of life evades me, never mind death. Life is a big long string of changes, one after another, and death is the biggest change of all. Things change, and they never go back to the way they were. Life flows along in the river of time; the old days are left behind and the new days keep coming, and there's no way to slow down or go back. A train comes by and someone is suddenly gone, never to return.

It's difficult to really get a hold on for me. Reality seems so fleeting and unreal. The only constants in my life are me and God, and I tend to change just as much as the world does...

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! cobra esd 9220 wx radar detector poker online Top mature bbw

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home